The basic logic of connecting to a TeamSpeak server's query port and issuing commands is the same in both TeamSpeak 2 and TeamSpeak 3. However, TeamSpeak 3's new server query functions do not operate nor return the exact same result sets as TeamSpeak 2 does. Some additional development and tweaking of your existing scripts, control panel, etc., will most likely be required. In addition, the database structure has completely changed in TeamSpeak 3 so any direct mySQL database integration which you may have implemented will also have to be re-examined.
Articles in this section
- Will IPv6 be natively supported in TS3?
- Where can I obtain technical support?
- What license models are available for TeamSpeak 3?
- What is the difference between the "TeamSpeak 3 SDK" and the "TeamSpeak 3 Plugin SDK"?
- What are codecs, and how do they differ?
- Is TeamSpeak 2 compatible with TeamSpeak 3?
- I want to purchase an Annual Activation License (AAL) for use in my company or business...and my company or business does NOT host or rent servers to anyone. How do I purchase an AAL?
- I received a fraudulent call from an individual pretending to be employed by TeamSpeak Systems GmbH or TeamSpeak USA, Inc.
- I found a bug or have a feature request for TeamSpeak 3. What do I do?
- I am one of the few non-profit organizations which was issued the old (no longer available) 5000 slot limit TeamSpeak 2 NPO license. Can I use this license with TeamSpeak 3?