Yes. The key determining factor as to whether or not you need to purchase a license has to do with whether or not you are a COMMERCIAL ENTITY... and has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you choose to charge anything for the use of any servers you host. So, as a GSP or web hosting company of any kind, you must license any and ALL TeamSpeak servers you host regardless of whether or not you choose to charge anything for the use of those servers. Sponsorships to clans/guilds do NOT exclude you from having to pay for licensing. Once again, if you are a COMMERCIAL ENTITY in business to make a profit of ANY kind, you MUST purchase and license ALL of your TeamSpeak servers.
Articles in this section
- Will IPv6 be natively supported in TS3?
- Where can I obtain technical support?
- What license models are available for TeamSpeak 3?
- What is the difference between the "TeamSpeak 3 SDK" and the "TeamSpeak 3 Plugin SDK"?
- What are codecs, and how do they differ?
- Is TeamSpeak 2 compatible with TeamSpeak 3?
- I want to purchase an Annual Activation License (AAL) for use in my company or business...and my company or business does NOT host or rent servers to anyone. How do I purchase an AAL?
- I received a fraudulent call from an individual pretending to be employed by TeamSpeak Systems GmbH or TeamSpeak USA, Inc.
- I found a bug or have a feature request for TeamSpeak 3. What do I do?
- I am one of the few non-profit organizations which was issued the old (no longer available) 5000 slot limit TeamSpeak 2 NPO license. Can I use this license with TeamSpeak 3?