You can set up and configure your own TeamSpeak 3 server with absolutely no licensing costs by following these steps:
1) Go to our download page: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads and download the TS3 server software for your respective operating system.
2) You can use our tutorials as a reference to aid you in setting up your own TS3 server, they are located here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=tutorials. Simply click on the ‘Server’ tab and take a look at our server tutorial (S1.1 TeamSpeak 3 Server – Windows Installation and Config Basics). We recommend that you watch entire tutorial once and on the second time, pause the tutorial and follow along.
3) The native license that comes with our TS3 server is for 1 virtual server and 32 slots (concurrent users). However, if your clan/guild grows beyond 32 members, you can apply for a non-profit license which will license 2 virtual servers and 512 slots (concurrent users) completely free of charge. Please visit https://support.teamspeakusa.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/20/0/how-do-i-obtain-a-non-profit-license-npl-so-i-can-increase-my-max-virtual-servers-to-2-and-max-slots-to-512 for more info. Keep in mind that we have very strict rules concerning our non-profit license (NPL), it must be used strictly for non-profit purposes.
4) Once you have installed and configured your TS3 server, provide your TS3 server info to any friend or clan/guild member that you want to connect to your server. Point them to our download page (http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads) to download and install the TeamSpeak 3 client, if they don’t already have it.
5) If they need assistance installing and configuring their TS3 client, they can visit our tutorials’ page located here: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=tutorials and reference the tutorial as needed (C1.1 TeamSpeak 3 Client – Windows Installation and Setup). Again, we recommend that you watch entire tutorial once and on the second time, pause the tutorial and follow along.
6) Finally, we also provide TeamSpeak 3 Quickstart Guides for Windows and Mac as additional reference material to complement and enhance the TS3 client installation and configuration experience.